Thursday, February 21, 2008

A Retiro Valentines

Some people don't like Valentines day b/c it's commercial, or b/c it reminds them they're single, but as I was telling Amanda Panda, I think it's nice b/c it reminds me that I have a lot of amazing people in my life who I love like crazy (I know, I'm very sentimental haha). So we're in Spain, far away from a lot of the people we love and getting closer to some new loves, so what to do for Dia de San Valentin!? My hermana Amanda is pretty much the next Martha Stewart, so we decide to be tooootally cute and have a picnic in Retiro Park! The night before Vday, my hermanas and I made peanutbutter & jelly sandwitches in the shape of hearts, chocolate covered strawberries, heart cookies, raspberry jam cookies like the ones from our fave bakery (but even better), and bought pink wine and 2 euro champagne.
It was pretty cold on Vday and we were scared no one would come but we actually got a pretty good turnout! One guy even came (Anooper's a trooper)! We had so much fun, definitely a successful party.
After the picnic, we fed the scraps from our heart-shaped pb&js to the ducks in the lake...how romantical can you get!?

We also wanted to do something for our amazing familia, so we made them a card that Maria Rosa loved sooooo much she's framing it and keeping it forever hehe =)
Sending besos, abrazos, y todo mi amor de Espana!!

1 comment:

Jenny Kim said...

i love u!! i wish i was there for your valentine's picnic! i see you soon! less than a month!!