Thursday, February 21, 2008

I really liked Toledo/I'm never going back again


On our first excursion with the BU program, we went to Toledo. Driving up the winding road to the town, the view was incredible and I was very excited for what Toledo had in store! Unfortunately, it wasn't much. Don't get me wrong...Toledo is a cute little town with some great Cathedrals and Synagogues. There are countless bakeries selling marzipan (Toledo's specialty) and sword shops everywhere (their other specialty). The problem was that we were in Toledo for 6 hours, and you really only need 2. So the moral of the story is: I really liked Toledo, and I'm never going back again haha. Oh and a sidenote about this trip....I tripped! I was walking downhill on this cobblestone street and somehow lost my footing and started falling forward and then I would catch myself and trip again and just kept FLYING down the hill, until I slammed right into a very shocked Amanda. I know it's silly (I tripped, big deal) but it was soooo scary and Vera, who was standing behind me when she saw it happen "literally thought I was going to die." Just one more reason I'm not going back to Toledo hahaha....

No comments: