Monday, January 28, 2008

Beginnings


Hola everyone! I've almost been here three weeks, but I was a little slow with the whole blog-making thing so I'll just do a little re-cap....Vera and I met in NY and stayed with my grandparents the night before leaving for Madrid. It was great to see them, and we arrived (4 hours early) to JFK well-fed and even more well-rested =) The flight was easy and actually felt pretty short, everything at the airport went smoothly, and before I knew it I was there! I fell in love with Madrid on the bus ride from the airport to our hotel. I was sleepy and jetlagged, leaning against the window checking out all the surroundings. The song "I will always love you" by Whitney Houston came on my Ipod right as we drove past one of the many gorgeous fountains in the city...totally cheesy but I loved it =) I somehow managed to drag my ridiculous amount of luggage into the hotel and thus began my four-month stay in Espana! We stayed in a hotel right near Plaza del Sol for the first 3 days, going to orientation sessions and meeting lots of great new people. We learned how to take the metro (so easy even I, who can hardly read a map, can do it without problema!), and started to get to know the city. Living in another country definitely takes some adjustment, but I'm used to living away from home, and having Vera there helped me feel much more comfortable with everything. Staying at the hotel was muyyyy divertido, but those stories will have to wait until a different post...I will try to keep my blog updated and fun, and I hope you all enjoy readin about my Madrid adventures. I miss you all like craaaaazy, and look forward to updates on your lives too, so no slackin on me. Muchas Smoochas!

No comments: